Successful mentorship relationships require intentional investments of time and energy from all involved. You only get out of it what you put into it.
These pairings are based on your application and interview answers. Each Apprentice will receive three (3) assigned Mentors. We ask that you meet at least once face to face. You have the length of the program with each Mentor to meet as many times as you like. If you and your Mentor choose to extend beyond that you are encouraged to do so.Changes made to our Mentor pairing process are as follows:
- The number of Mentor/Apprentice pairings has been lowered from 4 to 3. By lowing the number of pairings, we are promoting a more intimate relationship.
- Mentor/Apprentice pairings will be distributed at orientation. Take this opportunity to introduce yourself.
- All pairings have 35 weeks to meet, based on availability. We encourage you to meet as many times as you like. Mentoring begins at orientation and ends on the last day of class.
Responsibility and AccountabilityApprentice Responsibility:
- Contact all assigned Mentors within 30 days of receiving your list.
- Keep all contact information confidential.
- Have a list of dates you are available.
- Ask each Mentor when they are not available so you can respect their time and schedule appropriately.
- Suggest places to meet.
- List topics/skills/questions you’re interested and classes you’ve attended as discussion points.
- Be prepared. Bring paper and pen. Take notes. Ask, “Do I need a Bottom or supplies?”
- We encourage vetting and research of each mentor profile, writings, pictures, and references.
- Be grateful, say thank you.
- Ask yourself “are you willing to do the work?”. If not, perhaps you are not ready to attend this program yet.
- If there is a problem, concern, trouble reaching or communicating with a Mentor, contact your Apprentice Liaison. We can’t help if you don’t tell us you need help.
- Schedule dates, be on time, reschedule in a timely manner.
- Respond to communication in a timely manner.
- Schedule mentoring meetings, be on time, and reschedule in a timely manner.
- Share personal experience and skills to reach goals set by Apprentice and Mentor.
- Assist in conflict/problem resolution.
- Follow up on assignments and assist in reaching goals.
- Provide educational opportunities for learning and growth.